Welcome to the Eastman Lord
Conway Historical Society
100 Main Street
Due to major rearrangements and renovations,
The Eastman-Lord House Museum
will be closed until further notice.
Eastman Lord House is the 1818 "Federal" home
of William Kimball and Rhoda (Messer) Eastman. Mr. Eastman
made his fortune through the establishment of several mills
in Conway Village.
In 1879, George A. Heath bought the house. Mr. Heath with his
first wife Elzabeth (Harriamn) and later his second wife, Lucinda
(Meader) owned the house until 1900 when it was bought by Eben
and Mary (Daniels) Lord.
1962, the Lord's son, Robert Raymond ("Bowser") gave
the house to the Conway Historical Society. He lived on in the
caretaker's wing until 1967. The house was used as a residence
for almost 150 years and by only three families.
house contains interesting rooms
and period furnishing displays.
Victorian Parlor ~ 1890
Kitchen ~ 1945
Pantry ~ 1915
The Keeping Room ~ 1818
The Sleep Loft ~ 1830
The Birthing Room ~ 1849
...and many other nooks and crannies
filled with interesting artifacts, displays, tools, treasures and whatsists.