Recognizing our Corporate Sponsors
The Mission of the Conway Historical Society / Salyards Center for the Arts
is to serve as a leader in the collection, documentation, exhibition, interpretation, and preservation of works of contemporary and historic art and culture,
with an emphasis on the heritage of the White Mountain region,
for the education, inspiration, and enjoyment of the broadest possible audience.
We recognize that we are not alone in this endeavor and owe much of our success to the generous support of our corporate sponsors. We would like to thank all of our supporters for their continued commitment to the Conway Historical Society.
We are honored to be supported by the following area corporate leaders
who recognize the importance of our mission – –
Henry Seymour Conway Special Exhibit Membership
Burnham Company General Contracting, Inc.
The Grindle Center
Florence Salyards Presenting Program Membership
The Conway Daily Sun
David Emerson Corporate Membership
Furber & White Funeral Home
Northeast Auto Body
Gamwell Caputo Kelsch & Co., PLLC
White Mountain Oil & Propane
Cormack Construction Management
Richard Plusch Antiques
David Haine Real Estate
Would you like to support the Conway Historical Society by becoming a corporate sponsor?
Personal memberships are also available at $20 per person per year.
Conway Historical Society
100 Main Street / P.O. Box 1949
Conway, New Hampshire 03818
The Conway Historical Society is a non-profit organization established for the collecting and preservation of articles and facts of local interest and the dissemination of the knowledge thereof. The CHS was founded in 1935 to preserve the rich and varied history of the Conways, through generous interests and growing membership of nearly 400 members.
In 1998, a bequest began a metamorphosis within the Society enabling us to look beyond the simpler art of caretaking our past; into a deeper and more influential role as the leader in conveying our many historical properties . In Oct. 2001 the St. Charles Church on Main street in Conway Village was purchased for use as the Salyards Art Center in memory of a part-time Conway resident, the late Florence McBride Salyards by her husband, Capt. Justin Salyards .